Roasted Channa Dal Vadai / Pottukadalai Vadai
Roasted Channa Dal Vadai:
( Pottukadalai Vadai )
Pottukadalai Vadai is a popular snack of South India. This crispy and tasty vadai is very easy to prepare. This is one of my favorite snack, and I started getting a liking for this crispy outside but soft inside vadai, since my school days. The secret of this awesome vadai lies in the preparation of batter. The batter should be thick and very little water to be added. This combines excellent with tomato ketchup or mint chutney.
Here is the yummy recipe …!!!
· Pottukadalai - 2 cups
· Onion - 1
· Green chilly - 1 or 2
· Grated coconut - ½ cup
· Poppy seeds - 1 tbsp
· Cashew - 5 to 6
· Oil to fry
· Curry and coriander leaves
· Salt to taste
1. Heat a dry pan.
2. Add fried gram and roast for 2 to 3 mins.
3. Allow to cool and grind it to pwd.
4. Chop onion, green chillies, curry and coriander leaves.
5. Grate coconut to pieces, grind it to paste with poppy seeds, cashew and little water.
6. To this paste, add fried gram pwd, chopped onion, green chillies , curry, coriander leaves, salt and mix to thick dough.
7. Make small palm sized vadas over a polythene paper.
8. Heat oil in a fry pan.
9. Gently drop the vadas, 3 to 4 at a time.
10. Turn the flame to medium and deep fry it.
11. Turn to other side over, and fry till both sides are crispy and golden.
12. Serve hot with mint chutney or tomato ketchup.
This snack and Crispy Thattai participates in Sharmis event “Lets Munch-Light tea time snacks” @ Sharmis passions
Also participates in "Sweets and Savories for Diwali" hosted by Srilekha