Poori Masala or Poori Kizhangu is a tasty and simple dish prepared with mashed potatoes, often served with deep fried Indian bread called Poori. Pooris are golden brown, Indian bread – deep fried till puffed and crisp at edges. Poori and this potato masala are made for each other that all of us would love to relish. This is one of the quickest breakfast menu that can be prepared in busy mornings. It is also great to serve as a snack or any other meal...!
Here is the recipe for the delicious Indian Food...:)
Ingredients for Masala:
·Potatoes - 3
·Onion - 2
·Garlic - 4
·Green chillies - 2 or 3
·Oil - 1 tbsp
·Mustard - ¼ tsp
·Cumin - ½ tsp
·Split urad dal - ½ tsp
·Asafetida - a pinch
·Grated ginger - 1 tsp
·Turmeric pwd - a pinch
·Lemon juice - 1 tsp
·Chopped coriander leaves
·Salt to taste
To prepare Masala:
- ·Peel and cube the potatoes.
- ·Pressure cook, until it is fully done.
- ·Allow to cool and mash the content.
- ·Heat oil in pan. Season with asafetida, mustard, cumin, split urad dal & curry leaves.
- ·Add chopped onion, grated garlic, ginger and slit green chillies.
- ·Sauté it to transculent.
- ·Add turmeric pwd, little water, salt and allow to cook for 3 to 4 mins.
- ·Add mashed potatoes and combine well.
- ·Further boil it for 5 mins in low flame.
- ·Once it reaches, semi solid consistency, turn off the flame.
- ·Add 1 tsp of lemon juice and mix.
- ·Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- ·Serve hot with puffed poori.
- ·Yummy Poori masala ready for you to taste…!!!
Ingredients for Poori:
·Atta / wheat flour - 2 cups
·Salt to taste
·Oil to fry
To prepare Poori:
1. Take atta in a bowl, add salt to it.
2. Sieve the flour to thick dough, by sprinkling warm water little by little.
3. Allow the dough to remain for 15 to 20 mins covered.
4. Make small balls out of the dough.
5. Press flat and fry in medium hot oil.
6. When the poori puff out, roll over to next side and fry to golden
7. Serve hot with potato masala...:)