Matar Paneer Pulao / Paneer Peas Pulao
Mutter Paneer Pulav: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
This pulav is a special recipe of Paneer and Mutter. And this delicious rice dish is an Indian favorite and reserves a special place in party and in special occasions. The combination of mutter and paneer, with masala ingredients gives rich aroma and tastes yummyyy…! All paneer lovers like me are sure to enjoy this mouthwatering rice dish with any spicy gravy and crispy potato chips!!
Here is the easy recipe of spicy mutter paneer pulav for you to give a try…:)
- Biryani rice - 2 cups
- Onion - 2
- Paneer - 1 packet
- Mutter / peas - ½ cup
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Green chilly - 3 to 4
- Cashew - 5
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves
- Cinnamon - 1 stick
- Bay leaf - 1
- Black cardamom - 2
- Cloves - 2
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Wash and soak rice for 10 mins. Strain and reserve.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
- Sauté paneer pieces to golden brown in low medium flame.
- Drain and set it aside.
- In the same pan, add some more oil and heat it.
- Season with cumin, cinnamon, bay leaf, black cardamom and cloves.
- Allow to splutter.
- Add chopped onion, fry to light pink.
- Now add ginger garlic paste, green chilly, peas and salt.
- Toss well. Add biryani rice and fry for about 5 mins, till good aroma comes out.
- Taste and adjust salt and seasonings.
- Add 3 ½ cups of water and cook the rice.
- Remove from heat, add ghee roasted paneer pieces.
- Combine gently and garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves and golden cashew.