Methi Roti / Roti Recipes / Healthy Dinner Recipes
Methi Roti: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
( Methi Leaves flavored Flat Bread )
Methi Roti is healthy and simple North Indian breakfast menu. Its really tasty and also will stay fresh for 2 to 3 days. It combines excellent with fresh yoghurt or any hot n spicy chutney. I got this recipe from my North Indian Friend, Chandni, she is a great cook!
Although, the methi leaves has a mild bitter taste,
It is enriched with minerals like Potassium, Calcium, Iron & Vitamins like C & K. The leaves have good dietary fibre and very popular as a spice.
Here is the easy n tasty Methi Roti recipe …:)
- ·Fenugreek (Methi) leaves - 1 cup
- ·Wheat flour - 2 cup
- ·Bengal gram flour - ½ cup
- ·Pepper pwd - ½ tsp
- ·Ghee - 1 tbsp
- ·Oil to fry
- ·Salt to taste
2. Sieve the wheat flour, Bengal gram flour, pepper pwd, and salt in a wide bowl.
3. Rub in 1 tbsp of ghee into the flour.
4. Add chopped Methi leaves.
5. Mix well.
6. In a glass, mix milk and water.
7. Add this little by little to the flour and knead into soft dough.
8. Keep the dough for 5 mins. This helps to soften the roti.
9. Make lemon sized balls, press it to round shape.
10. Fry in chapatti girdle to golden brown.
11. Serve hot with chilled yoghurt or your favorite veg or Non veg curry.