Chettinad Chicken Masala
Chettinad Chicken Masala:
And, I would love to thank Sadhana of My Lovely Kitchen & Vasavi Suresh of Vasavi Recipes for passing me The Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks for this lovely award Friends. As, I have already posted, am not posting here.
Here is the easy and delicious recipe…:)
· Chicken - ½ kg
· Onion - 2
· Tomato - 2
· Yoghurd - ½ cup
· Turmeric pwd - ½ tsp
· Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
· Cinnamon - 1
· Cardamom - 2
· Red chilly - 6 or 7
· Cloves - 2
· Garlic - 5
· Ginger - small piece
· Pepper - 8 to 10
· Fenugreek - 1 tsp
· Cumin - 1 tsp
· Poppy seed - 1 tsp
· Salt to taste
· Chopped coriander leaves
1. Clean the chicken pieces and marinate with turmeric pwd, lemon juice, curd and salt.
2. Heat a dry pan, roast cinnamon, cardamom, red chilly, cloves, garlic, ginger, pepper, fenugreek, cumin and poppy seed.
3. Gind it to paste, adding little water.
4. In the same pan, add oil and heat.
5. Add chopped onion and fry to golden.
6. Add chopped tomato pieces, allow to cook.
7. Now add the ground mix and fry for few mins.
8. Add the marinated chicken, fry well.
9. Allow the chicken to absorb all the spices.
10. Add little water and cook it covered.
11. Once the chicken is tender, fry the masala until it gives out a rich spicy aroma.
12. Now, turn off the flame.
13. Add a tbsp of lemon juice and mix well.
14. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
15. Serve hot with Tandoori Naan, parathas or roti.
Sending this and the following to Iftar Moments Hijri 1431" hosted by Ayeesha
Gulab Jamoon - A Melt in the Mouth Dessert
Sura Meen Kuzhambu: (Shark Curry )