Chettinad Chicken Masala
Chettinad Chicken Masala: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
--> I love Chettinad food. I tried this Chettinad Chicken Masala recipe and it came out really well. This is a rich curry dish of South India, and tastes excellent, when served hot, garnished with coriander leaves and accompanied with tandoori naan, rotis or white steamed rice. This mouth watering dish can be prepared easily. In this chicken is marinated and cooked in dry roasted spices masala. This masala is very hot and flavorful.
Here is the easy and delicious recipe…:)
· Chicken - ½ kg
· Onion - 2
· Tomato - 2
· Yoghurd - ½ cup
· Turmeric pwd - ½ tsp
· Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
· Cinnamon - 1
· Cardamom - 2
· Red chilly - 6 or 7
· Cloves - 2
· Garlic - 5
· Ginger - small piece
· Pepper - 8 to 10
· Fenugreek - 1 tsp
· Cumin - 1 tsp
· Poppy seed - 1 tsp
· Salt to taste
· Chopped coriander leavesMethod:
1. Clean the chicken pieces and marinate with turmeric pwd, lemon juice, curd and salt.
2. Heat a dry pan, roast cinnamon, cardamom, red chilly, cloves, garlic, ginger, pepper, fenugreek, cumin and poppy seed.
3. Gind it to paste, adding little water.
4. In the same pan, add oil and heat.
5. Add chopped onion and fry to golden.
6. Add chopped tomato pieces, allow to cook.
7. Now add the ground mix and fry for few mins.
8. Add the marinated chicken, fry well.
9. Allow the chicken to absorb all the spices.
10. Add little water and cook it covered.
11. Once the chicken is tender, fry the masala until it gives out a rich spicy aroma.
12. Now, turn off the flame.
13. Add a tbsp of lemon juice and mix well.
14. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
15. Serve hot with Tandoori Naan, parathas or roti.Carrot Pakora
Gulab Jamoon - A Melt in the Mouth Dessert
Sura Meen Kuzhambu: (Shark Curry )