Gajar Ka Halwa / Carrot Halwa
For more Video recipes
200 th post celeb with Gajar Ka Halwa
& an Award
Today , I am very excited to share my 200 th post with you all.
Its been a blessing and an inspiration to meet you all through your lovely blogs. Thank you so much for your loving support and encouraging compliments.
One wonderful thing about having this blog, is meeting you daily. This blog would not have survivied without all of YOU my friends.
Once again Million thanks to all…!!!
This award comes with a rule to share 7 things abt yourself and pass it to 15 blogger friends.
Here are my prime interests :
1. Listening to music
2. Eating yummy food
3. Discovering new healthy food
4. Going to shopping & spending whole day
5. Being with my kids n hubby
6. Natural health & beauty
7. Travelling long drives
And here comes the recipe of Gajar Ka Halwa:Ingredients:
· Carrots - 6 or 7
· Ghee - 4 tbsp
· Cashew - 5
· Almond - 4
· Pistachio - 4
· Milk - ½ cup
· Sugar - 2 cups
· Cardamom pwd - ¼ tspMethod:
1. Wash and grate the carrot to fine pieces.
2. Heat 4 tbsp ghee in a thick bottomed fry pan
3. Fry cashew, almond, pistachios and raisins to golden.
4. Drain and reserve.
5. Sauté grated carrot in ghee.
6. Add milk and cook covered in low flame for 5 mins.
7. Once the carrot is fully cooked and soft, add sugar.
8. Mix well. Allow to dissolve and combine with stirring.
9. Once the halwa thickens, add cardamom pwd.
10. Turn off the flame.
11. Garnish with roasted nuts and raisins.
12. Serve hot or cold as desired....;))