A Melt in the Mouth Dessert
Well, today is a very special day….My cute little princess Aish joins her school. She is 2 ½ yrs old and today is her first day to school.
To enjoy this special occasion, we prepared her favorite sweet Gulab Jamun. It came absolutely delicious and melted in mouth …This recipe I got from my North Indian Friend, which is very popular in North India. The speciality is its soft and fluffy taste soaked in sugar syrup.
Dear Friends, If you are the sweet lovers, then this is the recipe for you. Enjoy this Indian speciality and let me know what you think ….:)
- Carnation milk pwd - 1 cup
- All purpose flour - ½ cup
- Butter melted - 2 tbsp
- Milk - ¼ cup
- Cardamom - 5
- Almond - 4
- Baking soda - ½ tsp
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Oil for frying
To prepare Syrup:
· Take 2 cups of sugar in a bowl.
· Add 1 cup of water, cardamom pods crushed and mix well.
· Heat in a medium flame, until the sugar dissolves and turns oily consistency.
· Turn off the flame, keep warm on stove.
To prepare Jamun:
- Take milk powder, all purpose flour, butter in a bowl.
- Sprinkle milk and make the dough.
- The dough should be medium hard.
- Make small smooth balls and cover with a damp cotton cloth.
- Heat oil and slip the balls into hot oil.
- Keep the flame to medium, and fry with continous stirring.
- Lower the flame and fry till it turns golden .
- Add the fried golden jamuns into the warm sugar syrup.
- Leave gulab jamuns to soak for 1 to 2 hrs.
- Garnish with grated almond pieces. Serve warm or cold as you like.
- Yummy and tasty gulab jamuns ready to enjoy.