Dum Aloo Recipe / Punjabi Dum Aloo
Dum Aloo is a favored Indian curry recipe. It is a truly awesome vegeatarian potato dish.
Dum Aloo can be literally translated into pressure (Dum) cooked potatoes (Aloo). This rich spicy gravy is an excellent side dish with puris, chapattis or parathas. This is traditional kashmiri delicacy in a rich spicy gracy. In this cooking method, the food is cooked under pressure on its own juices.
Here is the simple Dum Aloo recipe for you to enjoy…:)
·Potato - 200 g
·Tomato - 1
·Onion - 2
·Green chilly - 2
·Ginger - small piece
·Garlic - 3 to 4
·Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
·Yogurd - 2 tbsp
·Salt to taste
·Oil to fry
·Curry and coriander leaves
·Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
·Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
·Turmeric pwd - ½ tsp
·Garam masala pwd - ½ tbsp
·Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
·Olive oil - 1 tbsp
1. Wash and remove the peel from potatoes and prick them
2. Pressure cook for one whistle, ( should turn tender )
3. Allow to cool, marinate with turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd and lemon juice for 10 mins.
4. Shallow fry in hot oil and keep it reserved.
5. Smash tomato in a blender.
6. Transfer the puree to a bowl and keep aside.
7. Grind onion, garlic, ginger, green chilli to paste.
8. Add yogurd to the spices and mix well
9. Heat oil in a fry pan, add cumin seeds and wait to crackle.
10. Add onion paste of step 7 and stir in medium flame for 4 to 5 mins.
11. Add all the yogurd spice paste and allow to cook until oil separates.
12. Add tomato puree and stir for 1 minute.
13. Keep in low flame and fry till a meshy texture appears. ( 5 to 7 ) mins
14. Add shallow fried potatoes, cover & simmer for 2 mins.
15. Garnish with freshly chopped curry and coriander leaves.
16. Serve hot with Roti, Naan, Chapati & Bread.
Meet U All in next post…until then Bye…Take Care…!