Carrot Peas Biryani
Carrot Peas Biryani:
This is a yummy South Indian Biryani variety. Delicious carrot and peas are cooked with spices, mixed with rice and pressure cooked. I tried this special dish for a evening party. Now, it has become one of our favorite biryani. This goes very well with spicy gravy or raitha. This Biryani is not only healthy n tasty, also very and easy to prepare.
Here is the easy to follow healthy Peas Carrot Biryani recipe…
· Biryani rice - 2 cups
· Carrot - 100 g
· Peas - ½ cup
· Onion - 3
· Green chilly - 4
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Garam masala pwd - 1 tsp
· Cardamom - 2
· Cloves - 2
· Bay leaf - 1
· Marathi moggu - 1
· Cinnamon - 1
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Ghee - 1 tbsp
· Cashew - 6
· Mint leaves, coriander leaves - 2 cup
· Salt to taste
1. Wash & soak biryani rice for 10 mins.
2. Chop carrot to small pieces and keep peas ready.
3. Heat 1 tbsp butter or ghee in a fry pan.
4. Add bay leaf, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon.
5. Wait to crackle.
6. Add chopped onion, sauté to transculent.
7. Add ginger garlic paste, green chilly and fry well.
8. Allow to cool, grind it to coarse paste.
9. Add 2 tbsp oil, add Marathi moggu spice, above paste, garam masala pwd and sauté for few mins.
10. Now add chopped carrot , peas and fry well, so that it absorbs all the spices to it.
11. Add strained rice, mint leaves, coriander leaves and fry for 5 mins.
12. Add water, salt and pressure cook it.
13. Remove from flame. Wait till pressure goes off.
14. Open the lid and mix gently.
15. Garnish with ghee fried golden cashew, chopped mint and coriander leaves.
Have a lovely weekend friends...Take care n bye.