Bitter Gourd Fry:
This comes under simple, delicious and healthy dishes. I’m going to share my MIL’s Bitter Gourd Fry recipe with you. This curry is a nutritious dish that goes well with white hot steamed rice. Bitter Gourd or Balsam pear has high nutritive quotient.It contains several essential nutrients and is good for diabetics, pregnant and nursing women.
Bitter Gourd Fry pairs excellent with Rotis and dal too. Here is the easy recipe…!
- Bitter gourd - 2
- Onion` - 2
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Tomato puree - 2 tbsp
- Turmeric pwd - a pinch
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tbsp
- Coriander pwd - ½ tbsp
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Fresh lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Mustard - ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Split urad dal - 1 tsp
- Methi seeds - ½ tsp
- Curry leaves
- Cut Bitter gourd to thin slices.
- Sprinkle salt over it and keep aside for 10 mins.
- Rinse it with water and dry on paper towel
- Heat oil in pan, temper with seasonings.
- Add chopped onion, sauté to light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, tomato puree and sauté further until it is done.
- Now add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd, salt and stir.
- Drop the bitter gourd pieces, and fry for 5 mins.
- Sprinkle water and cook it covered.
- Toss it once in a while, and deep fry it.
- Turn off the flame, add fresh lemon juice, combine well.
This recipe goes to my own event “ I Love my Dad “
Also, some of my Dad’s Favorite dishes are
Meet U All in next post…until then Bye…Take Care…!