Bisibelabath: ( Hot n Tasty Sambar rice )
Bisibelabath: Like us on Youtube for Video Recipes
( Hot n Tasty Sambar rice )This is a famous rice dish of South India. I thought it must be a difficult recipe to try. Now I learnt this recipe from one of our neighbor aunty from Mangalore. This taste of this rice dish is simply authentic and out of this world!
You can add any vegetables of your choice to Bisibelabath. Since it is cooked with lentils, vegetables and rice, this can be called a one pot meal.
Nice, simple yet very very yummy recipe here for you…
- Rice - 1 cup
- Toor dal - ½ cup
- Carrot - 1
- Beans - 10
- Drumstick - 1
- Potato - 1
- Peas - ¼ cup
- Mango chopped - 2 tbsp
- Onion - 2
- Tomato - 1
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Tamarind paste - 1 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
Heat a dry pan & roast the following ingredients. Allow to cool and grind to powder.
- Red chilly - 4
- Coriander - 1 tbsp
- Pepper - 8
- Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Bengal gram dal - 1 tsp
- Coconut flowers - 1 tbsp
- Sesame seeds - 1 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 4 or 5
- Fenugreek seeds - ¼ tsp
- Mustard - ¼ tsp
- Cumin - ½ tsp
- Red chilly - 1 or 2
- Wash rice and toor dal and soak in water for 10 mins.
- Add water & pressure cook, till it is overcooked.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Season with curry leaves, fenugreek seeds, mustard, cumin, red chilly.
- Add chopped onion and fry to transculent.
- Add chopped veg and toss well.
- Add tamarind paste , salt and allow to cook for 3 to 4 mins.
- Now add smashed rice & dal, combine well.
- Mix spice masala pwd in little water.
- Add to rice and mix.
- Keep the flame in low & allow to cook.
- Turn off the flame, add a tbsp of ghee.
- Stir well.
- Serve hot with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves & golden fried cashew garnishing.
- Tasty Bisibela bath rice ready!
- Its best served with Raitha and roasted pappad.