Bagalabath : ( Curd Rice )
--> Bagalabath : ( Curd Rice )
Like us on Youtube for Video RecipesThe post for today is quick and simple to make, delicious Bagalabath. This dish requires no introduction.
This is truly comfort food and healthy. When you are tired or bored to cook, this is the simplest dish that can be made with few ingredients. The bagalabath tastes heavenly, with seasoning of asafetida, mustard and urad dal. You can garnish with grated cashew, grapes and ruby red pomegranate to it as you like.
Enjoy this delicious , easy to make bagalabath recipe…;)
· Rice - 1 cup
· Yoghurt - ½ cup
· Milk - ½ cup
· Oil - 1 tsp
· Grated carrot - ¼ cup
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Urad dal - ½ tsp
· Asafetida - a pinch
· Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
· Grated ginger - 1 tssp
· Green chilly - 1
· Curry leaves - 4 or 5
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak rice for 10 mins.
2. Cook the rice with 1 ½ cup water and ½ cup milk.
3. Once the rice is cooked, allow to cool.
4. Smash the contents.
5. Add yoghurt, milk, grated carrot, salt and mix well.
6. See to the rice is slightly sticky and liquidish and not tight.
7. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan.
8. Temper with mustard, urad dal, cumin seeds, curry leaves, asafetida, green chillies, grated ginger in low flame.
9. Transfer the seasoning to the rice and combine.
10. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and green grapes.
11. Serve warm or cold with spicy pickle.