Tomato Kurma: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
My Mom makes this delicious Tomato Kurma ( Thakkali Kurma ) for breakfast. This tastes wonderful and we used to empty the plate, within minutes. It is very simple and tasty dish. It combines excellent with Hot Idli’s, Crisp Dosa’s & Spongy Idiappams. This is a tangy kurma with Tomatoes and spices and it’s sure favorite among tomato lovers. Here is the quite interesting recipe of spicy Tomato Kurma for you…:)
· Tomato - 6
· Onion - 2
· Oil - 3 tbsp
· Cinnamon - 1
· Cloves - 2
· Saunf - 1 tsp
· Cardamom - 1
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1tbsp
· Green chilly - 3
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Coriander pwd - ½ tbsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tbsp
· Grated coconut - 1 small cup
· Cashew - 4 to 5
· Fried gram - 1 tbsp
· Salt to taste
· Chopped coriander leavesMethod:
1. Heat oil in thick bottomed pan, season with cinnamon, cloves, saunf and cardamom.
2. Sauté the chopped onion till it turns pink.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté until the raw smell disappears.
4. Add chopped tomatoes, cook until it turns soft.
5. Add red chilly pwd, green chilly, turmeric pwd, coriander pwd, salt and garam masala pwd.
6. Stir and cook well, until oil separates out.
7. Add ½ cup water and allow to cook the masala, covered for 5 mins.
8. Grind grated coconut pieces, cashew and 1 tbsp fried gram to paste in a blender by adding little water.
9. Add this paste to the tomato masala and allow to boil for few more mins.
10. Remove from heat. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
11. Serve hot with parathas, roti or chapatti.
I am sending this Carrot Kheer--> for Show me Your Smoothies event of Divya Carrot Kheer
Have a great weekend Friends...Take care n Enjoy...;)