Spinach Fritters: (Keerai Pakoda)
Crispy Spinach Fritters is a nutritious snack made popular in India. This is healthy, tasty and easy to prepare. This is my all time favorite and the taste of deep fried Spinach fritters dipped in Tomato Chutney or Green Chutney is just awesome. It can be served as tea time savory as well as a side dish accompanied with Variety rice. I am sure you wil enjoy this crunchy crispy Pakoda. :)
· Spinach chopped - 1 cup
· Onion - 1
· Besan flour (chick pea flour) - 1 cup
· Rice flour - ½ cup
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tbsp
· Saunf - 1 tsp
· Asafetida - ¼ tsp
· Salt to taste
· Oil to fry
1. Wash and chop spinach (Keerai or green leaves) to fine pieces.
2. Take Besanflour, rice flour, salt, ginger garlic paste, red chilly pwd, saunf and asafetida in a bowl.
3. Mix well. Add chopped onion and spinach, and mix well.
4. Sprinkle little water and combine to make a thick batter.
5. Take small ball of it, and spread it in hot oil.
6. Deep fry till it turns crisp and golden.