Raw Mango Pachadi
Raw Mango Pachadi:
This is a tasty, delicious South Indian dish, which is special during festival days. This can be relished with Indian meal. Raw mango pachadi has a wonderful flavor, and tastes hot, sweet and spicy . This is very easy to prepare and once you taste it, you will come to know, why so many friends rave about this dish. This can also be stored in an air tight jar, refrigerated and used for many days. Try to make this easy recipe and let me know, how you enjoyed this…:)
· Raw mango - 1
· Oil - 2 tsp
· Powdered jaggery - 3 tbsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Split urad dal - ½ tsp
· Curry leaves - 4 to 5
· Asafetida - a pinch
· Red chilly - 1
· Salt to tasteMethod:
1. Peel off the skin of raw mango.
2. Grate it to fine pieces.
3. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan, add grated mango and sauté well, until it shrinks.
4. Add a pinch of salt, sprinkle little water and cook it covered for 5 mins in low flame.
5. Once it is done, add powdered jaggery and mix with stirring.
6. The jaggery dissolves and starts boiling, stir continuously.
7. When it turns paste like consistency, turn off the flame.
8. Heat 1 tsp oil in a fry pan, add mustard, cumin, split urad dal, curry leaves, asafetida and red chilly.
9. Wait to crackle, add to the above mango pachadi. Combine well.
10. Serve with hot rice.