Jeera Rice / Healthy Lunch Box Recipes
Multi Veg Jeera Rice: For more Video recipes Subscribe here
· Raw rice - 2 cups
· Gingely oil - 1 tbsp
· Ghee - 3 tbsp
· Cumin seeds - 2 tbsp
· Onion - 1
· Capsicum chopped - ½ cup
· Grated carrot, peas - ½ cup
· Ginger paste - ½ tbsp
· Mint & coriander leaves - handful
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak raw rice for 10 mins.
2. Pressure cook, add 1 tbsp gingely oil, mix well and allow to cool, by spreading the rice in a wide bowl. (gingely oil helps to keep the rice separate)
3. Fry cumin (Jeera seeds) in ghee and reserve.
4. Heat ghee in a fry pan, fry chopped onion, capsicum, grated carrot, peas, ginger paste, mint leaves and salt.
5. Combine well.
6. Now add cooked rice, fried cumin and mix gently.
7. Taste and adjust salt.
8. Garnish with fried cashew and freshly chopped coriander leaves.