Kadai Paneer: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Kadai Paneer is another favorite dish among children. It is the most easy, simplest recipe that can be made from paneer. It gets its name, Kadai Paneer as it is made in a Kadai and served in deep curved pan. This is a spicy dish, that is offered by all the Indian restaurants, I gave a try at home, and the result came as a delicious treat for my family and friends.
This can be served hot with naan or parathas or simply as a starter. Here is the recipe for the delicious Indian Kadai Paneer…:)
· Paneer - 250 g
· Clarified butter - 4 tbsp
· Onion - 2
· Tomato - 3
· Ginger - small piece
· Garlic - 4 pods
· Red chilly - 3 or 4
· Black pepper - 1 tbsp
· Cloves - 2
· Cinnamon - 1
· Cumin - 1 tsp
· Cardamom - 1
· Marathi moghu - 1
· Mace - ½ tsp
· Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
· Chopped coriander leaves - handful
· Salt to taste
1. Cut paneer to small cubes.
2. Grind tomato, ginger, garlic, red chilly and black pepper.
3. Mince cloves and cinnamon.
4. Heat clarified butter in a Kadai or thick bottomed pan.
5. Add cumin, cardamom, Marathi moghu, mace and fenugreek seeds.
6. Wait to crackle.
7. Add chopped onions, toss till transculent.
8. Now add tomato, ginger paste and salt.
9. Continue cooking it on medium flame, until oil separates.
10. Add paneer pieces and sauté until the paneer is light brown.
11. Cover and cook, until it is done.
12. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
13. Remove from flame.
14. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
15. Serve hot with parathas or any pulao.