Hurray…! I’m back in my sweet home, after a lovely vacation and joyful memories…!
So Happy to meet you all again. My heartiest thanks for your warm wishes and love. Its been a bliss to meet all of you, thro your wonderful blogs.
Again, Rumana Rawat, Yummy Team, PS & Kiran has given this inspirational awards to me. Am very delighted to receive the awards. Thank you very much for your kind love and acknowledgement. I love your blog and the interesting collection of lipsmacking recipes. My loving wishes for your success in blogging...:))
I would like to pass this award to all my charismatic, lovely budding bloggers.
As, I have told, am here with yummy collection of recipes from my Mom & Mil…
Today’s recipe is Rajma Masala, one of my fav dish. It’s a tasty and healthy side dish for Roti, chapatti and all tiffin menus. Check out and let me know, how u enjoyed it :)
·Rajma - 1 cup
·Butter - 2 tbsp
·Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
·Bay leaf - 1
·Asafetida pwd - ¼ tsp
·Onion - 2
·Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
·Tomato - 2
·Red chilly - 2
·Coriander pwd - ½ tbsp
·Garam masala pwd - ½ tbsp
·Fresh lemon juice - 1 tbsp
·Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak Rajma (red kidney beans) overnight.
2. Pressure cook it until it is soft.
3. Heat 2 tbsp butter in a thick bottomed pan.
4. Add cumin seeds, bay leaf, asafetida pwd and allow to crackle.
5. Add chopped onion and sauté to golden.
6. Add ginger garlic paste. Fry briefly.
7. Smash tomatoes and red chilly in blender and add to above.
8. Allow to cook until, oil separates.
9. Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd, garam masala pwd and salt.
10. Stir well. Add 1 cup water and allow to cook covered for 5 mins.
11. Now add cooked rajma along with the stock.
12. Mix well and further cook in low flame for 5 mins.
13. Once the Masala attains thick consistency, remove from flame.
14. Add 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice and stir.
15. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
16. Serve hot with Roti, Chapati, Variety rice or Steamed white rice.
17. Healthy, tasty and colorful Rajma masala ready to delight you.