Spicy Chicken Biryani Recipe /Nawabi Chicken Biryani
Nawabi Chicken Biryani: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
· Biryani rice - 2 cups
· Chicken - ½ kg
· Onion - 4
· Ghee - 6 tbsp
· Red chilly - 3 or 4
· Yoghurd - 1 cup
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 ½ tbsp
· Dry fruits, cashew, almond - ¼ cup
· Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
· Cinnamon - 1
· Cloves - 3
· Cardamom - 2
· Bay leaf - 1
· Marathi moghu - 1
· Mint and coriander leaves - 1 cup
· Turmeric pwd - ½ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tbsp
· Garam masala pwd - 1 tbsp
· Salt to taste.Method:
- Fry sliced onion and red chill.
- Allow to cool and make a paste of it.
- Marinate chicken with the above paste, salt, yoghurd and ginger garlic paste for 1 hr.
- Heat 2 tbsp of ghee, fry dry fruits, cashew and almond nuts. Drain & reserve it.
- In the same pan, add sliced onion, fry till it turns light brown and crispy.
- Drain and reserve it.
- Add ghee to the pan, heat it, add cumin seeds, spices and wait to splutter.
- Add marinated chicken, fry till it shrinks.
- Add chopped mint and coriander leaves and fry for 2 more mins.
- Now add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, salt, garam masala pwd and stir well.
- Add ½ cup water and cook the chicken, until it is tender.
- Heat the pressure pan, add 1 tbsp ghee, fry the biryani rice for 5 mins.
- Add 3 cups of water and pressure cook it, until it is three-fourth done.
- Take a large pan, spread a layer of cooked white rice, sprinkle fried onion.
- Cover it with chicken masala and repeat the same layering, until the chicken and rice are over.
- Cover this tightly and cook it in oven.
- When the rice is completely done, mix it gently.
- Garnish with fried dry fruits, cashew and badam nuts.
- Serve hot with chopped coriander leaves garnishing