Like us on Youtube for Video Recipes
Keerai Vadai: (spinach Vadai)
Keerai Vadai is one of the greates South Indian snacks recipe. This is made with spinach along with lentils. This tongue tickling crispy delicacy is my favorite and I learnt this recipe from my Mom, who is an excellent cook. By using, only urad and Bengal gram dal, we can get a soft Keerai Vadai. This pairs best with chutneys and tastes yummy and crispy…Try it and let me know how u liked it…:)
- Urad dal - 1 cup
- Bengal gram dal - 1 cup
- Onion - 2
- Green chilly - 2
- Red chilly - 2
- Pepper pwd - 1 tsp
- Asafetida pwd - ¼ tsp
- Green leaves - 1 cup
- Oil to fry
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak urad dal and Bengal gram dal for 1 hr.
- Strain water from it.
- Grind in blender to thick batter by adding salt and red chilly.
- Chop onion, green chilly and green leaves to small pieces.
- Add this to the batter, add pepper pwd and combine well.
- Take a small ball of the batter, pat it flat.
- Transfer it in hot oil and deep fry to golden brown.
- Hot n tasty keerai vadai is ready to relish…