(Steamed Sweet Finger Millet Crumb)
Raggi Puttu is my favorite breakfast. Its a tasty and easy to prepare South Indian dish. Also it makes a delicious and energy filling breakfast. This dish is very healthy, as it is steam cooked and free from oil. Raggi cereal, is a must one that we should include in our everyday food, coz of its nutritional values and health concern. It is loaded with protein, carbohydrates, minerals, calcium, fibres, iron and phosphorous. 100 g Raggi can provide us 370 calories. Here is the easy recipe for you. Try it and let me know what you think !
· Raagi flour - 1 ½ cup
· Freshly grated coconut - ½ cup
· Sugar - 5 tbsp
· Cardamom pwd - 2 tsp
· Ghee - 2 tbsp
· Salt to taste
· Fry the Raagi flour in a dry pan, stir continuously, till it fragrant.
· Allow to cool.
· Mix salt with water, keep it aside.
· Sprinkle 2 tsp of salt water at a time to the flour and mix gently.
· Continue this, till the Raagi flour turns slight crumbly and wet.
· ( Take care not to add excess water, as it turns dough)
· Transfer the flour to a damp white cotton cloth, loosely tie a knot.
· Steam cook in Idly cooker for 10 to 12 mins.
· Remove from Idly cooker, transfer it to a bowl.
· Gently mash the lumps and allow to cool.
· Sprinkle freshly grated coconut, sugar, cardamom pwd and ghee.
· Combine gently.
· Raagi puttu is ready to be served with rich aroma.