Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu
Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu:
( Lentil Dumplings in Gravy)
Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu is an Authentic South Indian delicacy. Basically, it is lentil dumplings in hot tangy gravy. I love this curry very much in my Mom’s taste and tried it today. It tasted Yum…! This can be taken with white steamed hot rice or serves as an excellent combination with chapatti, roti, dosa etc.,And I am happy to share this healthy, tasty secret recipe with you. Try it and Enjoy : )
· Toor dal - ½ cup
· Bengal gram dal - ½ cup
· Raw rice - 1 tbsp
· Red chilly - 4
· Small onion - 2 cup
· Saunf - 1 tsp
· Coconut flowers - 2 tbsp
· Garlic - 10
· Mustard - ½ tsp
· Methi - 1 tbsp
· Red chilly pwd - 2 tbsp
· Turmeric pwd - 1 tsp
· Thick coconut paste - 1 small cup
· Oil - 3 tbsp
· Tamarind paste - 2 tbsp
· Tomato - 2
· Salt to taste
· Curry and coriander leaves
1. Soak the lentils (dal) and raw rice for 30 mins.
2. Grind them to coarse batter by adding saunf and salt.
3. Add chopped onion, garlic, curry, coriander leaves and coconut flowers.
4. Mix completely.
5. Make small balls out of it and steam cook it in Idly cooker for 10 to 12 mins.
6. ( This balls can also be deep fried in hot oil)
7. Now, heat oil in pan, add mustard, methi seeds, saunf and allow to splutter.
8. Add onion, garlic, tomato, fry till it turns soft.
9. Add red chilly pwd, turmeric pwd, salt and tamarind paste.
10. Allow to boil for 5 mins covered.
11. Check for salt and seasonings and adjust accordingly.
12. Add thick coconut paste, allow to boil for few minutes.
13. Now, add the cooked lentil balls and mix completely.
14. Continue cooking for 5 mins, remove from flame.
15. Set aside for 10 mins, so that the lentil balls turn soft and absorbs the curry.
16. Sprinkle fresh chopped coriander leaves and serve hot :)
Shop Smart: QuickBooks Pro 2010 for $138.54
Bosch 23614 Impactor 14.4-Volt Ni-Cad Cordless Impact Driver for $189.34