Mint Leaves Chutney
Mint Leaves Chutney: (Pudina Chutney)
The well known medicinal values of Mint leaves has made it to become a regular eating food now-a-days in almost every household. Mint leaves are rich in number of Vitamins especially Vit A & E and Iron. Also it is loaded with minerals thal helps in proper functions of our body. The mint leaves provide great and exotic flavor to food. Also keep the mouth fresh by improving the sense of taste in toungue.
And this chutney prepared from mint leaves is not only tempting, but also very refreshing and high in nutritive content. It combines excellent with hot samosas, aaloo tikka, bread pakora, cutlets etc. Enjoy your lipsmacking recipe…!
- Mint leaves - 1 cup
- Urad dal - 2 tbsp
- Red chilly - 2
- Tamarind paste - 1tbsp
- Coconut - ½ cup
- Asafoetida powder - a pinch
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash mint leaves in water and drain it.
- Heat oil, add asafoetida powder, orid dal and sauté until it turns golden brown in colour.
- Add mint leaves, red chilly, tamarind paste, salt and sauté them in medium flame.
- Fry it until the leaves are shrinked,
- Grind coconut pieces to fine flowers.
- To it add the above contents, and grind to fine paste by adding little water.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.