Coconut Milk Paniyaram
Coconut Milk Paniyaram:
( Authentic Asian Dumplings)
Coconut Milk Paniyaram is a very popular Chettinadu tiffin item in India. It is one of the easy and tasty breakfast or evening snack. You will need the Kuzhi Paniyaram skillet, to prepare this, which is easily available at leading stores. I learnt this recipe from my Grandma, who is an excellent cook. This tastes awesome, when it is taken hot with Chutneys. It also pairs excellent with Idly spice pwd, sauce, curd or even plain. I would love to share with you the recipe here…
· Boiled rice - 200 g
· Fenugreek seeds - 2 tbsp
· Urad dal - 75 g
· Ghee or oil - 1 tbsp
· Thick coconut milk - 1 cup
· Mustard - ½ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak boiled rice, fenugreed seeds, urad dal for 6 hrs.
2. Strain water from it and grind it to thick batter ( like Idly batter)
3. Add salt, mix well and keep aside for 6 hrs for fragmentation.
4. Take 1 cup thick coconut milk from grated coconut pieces.
5. Pour this to the batter, mix well.
6. Temper oil with mustard, cumin seeds, curry leaves and transfer it to batter.
7. Combine completely.
8. Heat the Kuzhi paniyaram skillet with 1 tsp oil in each mould.
9. Now pour the batter in each mould and cook in medium heat.
10. After 2 mins, when it turns golden, turn to the other side.
11. Allow to cook for further 2 mins, and take out the paniyaram with the help of a stick that comes along with the skillet.
12. Delicious, tasty coconut milk paniyaram ready to serve hot.
13. You can also add grated carrot, ginger, green chilly to the batter if you like. : )