--> Chhole Masala:
Chhole Masala is a North Indian Curry made with chick peas and aunthentic Indian spices. This can be prepared from fresh tomatoes, onions, garlic and ginger. This curry is hearty and flavorful, yet it is low in fat and cholesterol. Chick peas is an excellent source of carbohydrates, protein and zinc. 100 g of chick peas provide us 164 calories. This wonderful filling spicy curry with rich aroma makes an ideal side dish with Batura, Chapati, Poori or Roti. Try this easy to follow recipe of Chhole Masala today and let me know what you think !
· Chenna - 1 cup
· Onion - 2
· Tomatoes - 3
· Garlic - 6 pods
· Coriander pwd - 1 tbsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tbsp
· Turmeric pwd - ½ tsp
· Chhole masala pwd - 1 tbsp
· Green chilly - 1 or 2
· Ginger - 1/2 inch
· Chat masala pwd - ½ tbsp
· Fresh lemon juice - 1 tbsp
· Coriander leaves - handful
· Salt to taste
1. Soak chenna ( white chick peas ) overnight.
2. Cook and keep it aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Fry chopped onion till golden brown.
5. Add coriander pwd, red chilly pwd and sauté.
6. Add turmeric pwd and chhole masala pwd.
7. Saute for 4 mins in low flame.
8. Add chopped tomato, green chilli, garlic and grated ginger. Fry well.
9. Now add cooked chick peas.
10. Add salt, cook for 5 mins in medium flame.
11. For flavor, add chat masala pwd.
12. Remove from flame. Add 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice.
13. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and onion rings.
14. Serve hot with Batura, Chapati, poori or roti.