Banana Flower Vadai
- Plantain flower - 1 cup
- Bengal gram dal - 2 cup
- Red chilly - 5
- Onion - 2
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Saunf - 1 tsp
- Curry, coriander leaves - handful
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- Clean and cut Vazhai Poo (plantain flower) to small pieces.
- Chop onion to fine pieces.
- Wash and soak Bengal gram dal for ½ an hr
- Strain it to remove water, grind by adding red chilly, saunf, cumin, salt to coarse batter by sprinkling little water.
- Add chopped plantain flower, grind it for few more seconds.
- To this thick batter, add chopped onion, curry and coriander leaves.
- Mix well and check for salt.
- Take a small lemon sized ball, pat it.
- Deep fry in hot oil, stirring once in a while.
- Once it turns golden brown in color, take it aside.
- Crispy, tasty delicious vadai ready to serve.