Thalapakattu Biryani / Indian Biryani Recipes
Thalapakattu Biryani is a popular rice dish in India. This is famous for its spicy taste, rich aroma and strong flavor. You’ll never forget the taste, once you’ve enjoyed this biryani. Here, I’m very happy to share this recipe with you…
- Chicken - ½ kg
- Biryani rice - ½ kg
- Onion - 5
- Tomato - 4
- Green chilly - 7
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
- Cardomom, cloves - 6
- Cinnamon - 2
- Cashew - 6
- Ginger - a small piece
- Garlic - 10
- Curd - small cup
- Garam masala - 1 tbsp
- Thick coconut milk - ½ cup
- Lemon - 1
- Oil - 100 g
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Coriander and mint leaves
- Salt to taste
- Boil biryani rice and spread in separate bowl.
- Chop onion, tomato to fine pieces.
- Slit green chilli, grate ginger garlic.
- Take 2 cups of thick coconut milk and keep aside ready.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee, fry cashew to golden, keep aside.
- Add cardomom, cloves, cinnamon and allow to splutter.
- Add onion pieces, roast to golden brown.
- Take half of the onion from this and keep aside ( can be used at the last)
- Add ginger and garlic sauté well, add curd, tomato, salt and green chilly.
- Add garam masala pwd, red chilly pwd, chicken pieces and fry in medium flame for 5 mins.
- Add coconut milk and allow chicken to cook covered.
- Once the gravy thickens, add fresh lemon juice, combine well.
- Add chopped coriander and mint leaves. Toss it well.
- Add this chicken curry masala to the white rice and mix gently.
- Add fried cashew, roasted onion, mix them, keep it closed for 10 mins.
- Serve hot with onion raita.