Milagu Kuzhambu is one of the South Indian delicacies and tastes awesome. Pepper (Milagu in Tamil) has more medicinal and nutritional value. It’s a good source of vitamin B and C and has high Potassium, Magnesium and Iron content required for body.
It acts as a heart and kidney stimulant. Just a single hot pepper has your entire daily value of Vitamin C.
You can learn here how to prepare Milagu Kuzhambu by easy step by step process…
- Small onion - 1 cup
- Garlic - ½ cup
- Tamarind paste - 2 tbsp
- Tomato - 3
- Pepper - 3 tbsp
- Cumin - 2 tbsp
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ pinch
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- Mustard - ¼ tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
- Vegetables (any desired) - ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Curry and coriander leaves
- Chop small onion, garlic, curry leaves, coriander, taomato to fine pieces.
- Roast pepper, cumin seeds in dry pan.
- Cool and grind in blender to coarse pwd.
- Keep 2 tbsp tamarind paste ready.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Temper with mustard and fenugreek seeds.(methi or vendaiyam)
- Add chopped, onion, garlic, curry, coriander leaves and toss it.
- Add tomato, salt, vegetables and cook it.
- Add tamarind paste, turmeric pwd and stir in medium falme for 5 mins.
- Add pepper, cumin pwd, combine and allow to boil.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with white steamed rice.
- This pairs best with roasted pappad.