Lemon – Nuts Rice
Lemon – Nuts Rice:
This is a healthy recipe and comes under variety rice menus. This is a nutritious dish, and one among the kids favorite as it is loaded with healthy tasty nuts and has a appetising colorful appearance. The ideal combination for this rice is crispy chips or spicy fries.
- Raw rice - 2 cup
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Mustard - ¼ tsp
- Green chilly - 2
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Curry leaves - 4 to 5
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
- Pista - 5
- Peanuts - 1 small cup
- Cashew - 5
- Almond - 2
- Fried gram - 2 tbsp
- Lemon - 2
- coriander leaves - handful
- Salt to taste
- Wash & soak raw rice for 10 mins.
- Strain water from it.
- Pressure cook the rice by adding 2 ½ tb water.
- Heat ghee in a pan, temper mustard, grated green chilly, asafoetida, curry leaves, turmeric pwd and sauté it.
- Spread the rice in a wide bowl, allow to cool. Add the above contents.
- Add roasted pista, cashew, peanuts, almond, fried gram, salt and mix completely.
- Squeeze and take fresh lemon juice. Heat it in a small pan and add to the rice.
- Combine well. Taste and adjust seasonings and salt.
- Garnish with chopped curry and coriander leaves.
- Serve with potato and plantain chips.