Kaara Saara Sprouted Sundal
Kaara Saara Sprouted Sundal:
This is a very simple and tasty recipe. It’s a immensely healthy recipe too. Sprouting of grains increases the amino acids , protein and vitamins to a great amount. Sprouts also helps to easy cooking and digestion. The only drawback is sprouting takes time and we have to plan before 2 or 3 days…
· Black chenna dal - 2 cups
· Sesame seeds - 2 tsp
· Red chilly - 4 to 5
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Curry leaves - 6 to 7
· Asafoetida - a pinch
· Split urad dal - 1 tsp
· Thick coconut milk - ½ cup
· Salt to taste
· Coriander leaves
· Wash and soak black chenna dal for 6 hrs.
· Strain water from it completely and store it in a air tight container.
· Refrigerate for 3 days and wait for the sprouts to appear.
· After 3 days, you can see tender nutritious sprouts emerged from it.
· (Also you can try traditional method, soak the chenna dal overnight, tie it in a cotton cloth and keep in open air. Rinse them twice a day and spray water in between. You can see nicely sprouted chenna dal on 3rd day.)
· Pressure cook it for 2 whistles.
· Take a dry pan, roast sesame seeds and keep aside.
· Now add 1 tsp oil to the pan, roast red chilly to fragrant.
· Allow to cool, grind red chilly and sesame to coarse pwd.(masala pwd ready)
· Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan, temper with mustard, curry leaves, asafoetida and split urad dal.
· Add cooked black chenna dal, mix completely.
· Add coarse masala pwd, salt and combine.
· Add thick coconut milk, stir continuously in medium flame.
· Serve hot with coriander and curry leaves garnishing.