Vathal Kuzhambu is a traditional South Indian food. This ia an appetizing way to start a meal. The real taste of this recipe lies in the right mix of the ingredients added to this. This tastes awesome and creates watery mouth. Just check out here…
· Gingely oil - 5 tbsp
· Asafoetida - ¼ tsp
· Vendaiyam - 1 tsp
· Mustard seeds - ¼ tsp
· Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
· Vegetables - 1 cup
· Curry leaves - 5
· Onion - 1
· Tomato - 2
· Garlic - 5
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tbsp
· Pepper pwd - 1 tbsp
· Coriander pwd - ½ tbsp
· Tamarind paste - 2 tbsp
· Coconut pieces - 1 cup
· Jaggery powdered - 1 tbsp
· Salt to taste
· Coriander leaves
- Heat gingely oil in a fry pan. Season with asafoetida, vendaiyam, mustard, cumin and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onion pieces, fry them to transculent.
- Smash tomato and garlic to puree.
- Add this to the above content, allow to boil.
- Add vegetables, saute in medium flame, so that the vegetables shrink and turn soft.
- Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, salt, pepper pwd, coriander pwd and water. Allow to cook covered.
- Add tamarind paste, combine well and adjust the thickness by adding little water.
- Allow to cook further for few mins.
- Grate coconut to pieces, grind to thick paste by adding water.
- Add this paste to the kuzhambu, add 1 tbsp jaggery powdered and allow to boil for 4 to 5 mins.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Tasty spicy vathal kuzhambu is ready.
- Serve hot with steamed white rice.