Badam Kheer is a tasty delicious health drink. The main ingredients added are almond nut and sugar. It has a high calorific value and its one of the kids favorite recipe. Preparation is very simple and can be done within ½ an hour. Check it out…
· Milk - 1 litre
· Almond nut (Badam) - 25
· Sugar - 200 g
· Lemon yellow pwd - a pinsh
· Almond essence - 2 drops
· Ghee - 1 tbsp
· Cashew - 5
· Cardamom - 2
· Heat 1 litre milk in simmer for 20 mins, so that it thickens to ½ litre.
· Meanwhile wash and soak badam in hot water for 10 mins.
· Now peel off the skin and grind in mixer by adding milk to it.
· Grind it to smooth paste.
· Boil 200 g sugar with ½ tb water in low flame with constant stirring.
· Now add the badam paste to the hot milk, stir well.
· Add the sugar water, combine well.
· Add a pinch of lemon yellow pwd, 2 drops of almond essence and allow to boil with stirring.
· Turn off the flame, once the first bubble appears. ( if its overboiled, badam kheer turns watery)
· Heat 1 tbsp ghee, add grated cashew, almond pieces, toss it.
· Garnish with cardamom, cashew and almond shreds.
· Serve hot or refridgerate and serve chill.
· Yummy… Badam Kheer ready to delight your taste buds..!