Drumstick Brinjal Curry Masala
Drumstick Brinjal Curry Masala:
This curry masala is my favorite menu during my school and college days. My mom used to pack this for lunch along with lemon rice, puliyodarai rice and with coconut rice. That’s a great combination and I love to prepare it for my kid too..preparation is simple and takes less time.
- Drumstick - 2
- Brinjal - 250 gm
- Onion - 2
- Tomato - 2
- Garlic - 5
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tbsp
- Coriander pwd - ½ tbsp
- Pepper pwd - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon drops
- Coriander leaves
- Mustard seeds - ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds - ¼ tsp
- Split urad dal - ¼ tsp
- Asafoetida - ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves
- Wash the drumstick, brinjal and cut it into pieces.
- Temper oil, add onion pieces, sauté it to transculent, followed by garlic and tomato pieces.
- Cook it well by stirring.
- Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd, pepper pwd and salt and mix them all.
- And cut vegetables, fry them in low heat to absorb masala to it.
- Cook it covered by adding ¾ tb water to it.
- Drop oil to the sides, and fry it in low heat for another 5 mins.
- Turn off the heat, add 2 drops of lemon and combine.
- Serve hot with fresh coriander garnishings.