Sambar: (vegetable Sambar)
For this dish, vegetables like carrot, ladies finger, drumstick, brinjal and radish are suitable and tastes awesome. It’s a common menu for lunch in
South India and its very healthy recipe. Let’s try it …
- Toor dhal - 1 cup
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 2
- Red chilly - 1
- Vegetables - 1 cup
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Vendaiyam - ½ tsp
- Sambar powder - ½ tbsp
- Red chilly powder - 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Split orid dhal - ½ tsp
- Tamarind paste - ¼ tbsp
- Curry and coriander leaves
- Asafoetida powder
- Salt to taste
- Boil toor dhal in cooked with turmeric powder, vendaiyam and asafoetida powder.
- Heat oil in pan, temper mustard seeds, cumin seeds, split orid dhal.
- Add onion pieces, fry well and add tomato pieces followed by vegetables.
- Add red chilly powder, sambar powder, salt and allow to boil by adding water.
- Now add boiled toor dhal, mix well.
- Add tamarind paste and allow to boil for just 2 mins ( also few drops of lemon juice can be added instead of tamarind)
- Garnish with coriander leaves and tasty veg sambar, ready to serve.