Vanjaram Fish Fry / Seer Fish Fry / King Fish Fry - Easy Video Recipe
Spicy Vanjaram Fish FrySince childhood I am a seer fry fry lover and my mom prepares it often for sunday lunch. This delicious fish fry is very popular in South Indian restaurant menu. Its quite easy to prepare this authentic traditional vanjaram fish fry at home with minimal ingredients. The fish is marinated with aromatic Indian spices and shallow fried in oil to golden brown. We know this king fish is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids and packed with proteins, so makes a nutritious meal for kids. Here is the easy video recipe to make brilliantly tasting seer fish fry at home.
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Vanjaram / seer fish - 1/2 kg
- Turmeric pwd - 1/4 tsp
- Red chillil pwd - 1 tsp
- Pepper pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
- Cumin pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Thick tamarind juice - 2 to 3 tbsp
- Clean and wash the fish slices.
- In a mixing bowl, add turmeric pwd, red chilli pwd, coriander pwd, pepper pwd, cumin pwd, salt and lemon juice.
- Add thick tamarind juice ad mix to thick paste.
- Apply the masala over the fish and coat well.
- Allow to marinate overnight or minimum 4 hours in refrigerator.
- Heat oil in frypan.
- Add marinated fish and shallow fry in low medium flame.
- Fry until the fish is cooked to brown on both sides.
- Thats it delicious restaurant style vanjaram fish fry is ready.
- Enjoy hot with steamed rice or with roti dishes.
My favorite combo is vanjaram fry along with onion sambar rice:)