RASAM POWDER / HOMEMADE RASAM POWDER - EASY VIDEO RECIPE
Rasam has a prime place in South Indian lunch menu. This soup is very flavorful & helps in digestion. Rasam powder or Rasam podi is available in the market from various brands, but nothing can beat the aroma of fresh homemade rasam powder. Its very simple to prepare at home with perfect combination of spices. This is my mil's measurement which I usually follow to prepare rasam powder at home. Check out this easy video recipe of homemade Rasam Powder.
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Coriander seeds - 1 cup
- Toor dal - 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 3/4 cup
- Pepper - 1/2 cup
- Red chilli - 15 or as required
- Curry leaves - handful
- Heat a pan.
- Add coriander seeds, toor dal and dry roast for few minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Add cumin seeds and pepper and toss for a minute.
- Remove & set aside.
- Now add red chillies and curry leaves.
- Roast until crisp and allow to cool.
- Add all the ingredients to blender.
- Grind to coarse powder.
- That's it ...aromatic & fresh homemade rasam powder is ready.
- Enjoy lipsmacking rasam by sprinkling a tsp of rasam powder at the time of boiling.
- Rasam powder stays fresh for 3 to 4 months when stored in air tight container.