PURAN POLI / HOLIGE / BOBATLU - EASY VIDEO RECIPE
Today's recipe is one of the most healthy & mouth-watering puran poli. It has a tempting aroma & unique flavor with delicious soft chewy taste. It makes a perfect sweet for many festivals and special occasions. In this recipe, the mixed flour rotis are stuffed with cardamom flavored sweet lentil & jaggery filling. Lets see how to prepare this traditional puran poli with this easy video recipe.
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Gram dal / kadalai paruppu / split bengal gram / chana dal - 1 cup
- Jaggery - 1 cup
- Ghee - 2 to 3 tbsp
- Cardamom pwd - 1/4 tsp
- Wheat flour - 1 cup
- Maida flour - 1/2 cup
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt - a pinch
Lets make inner purnam stuffing
- Wash and soak gram dal (kadalai paruppu) in water for 10 mins.
- Add it to pressure cooker along with 1 cup of water and cook until soft.
- Drain water and mash the cooked gram dal.
- Set it aside.
- Heat ghee in a frypan.
- Add mashed gram dal and saute in low flame.
- Add cardamom pwd and powdered jaggery.
- Cook until the jaggery dissolves and the mixture thickens.
- Turn off flame.
- Allow the purnam stuffing to cool.
- Make small balls out of it and set aside.
Lets make outer dough
- In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour and maida flour.
- Add a pinch of salt, and mix.
- Sprinkle water little by little and knead to smooth soft dough.
- Add oil and knead well.
- Let the dough rest for 5 mins.
- Divide it to equal sized balls.
Lets make poli
- Take one dough ball, dust with flour and roll it to small thick disc.
- Now stuff the purnam ball inside and seal the edges as shown in video.
- Roll it to thick round disc.
- Heat butter in frypan.
- Place the rolled poli and fry until it is golden on both sides.
- Remove from pan with a dallop of butter.
- Lipsmacking healthy delicious puran poli is ready.
- It makes a nutritious after school snack for kids.
- Also its a prime sweet prepared during many festivals like Diwali, Navratri, holi, etc.