MUTTON ROAST / MUTTON PEPPER ROAST - VIDEO RECIPE
Mutton roast is an excellent dish which can be served as a starter or appetizer. It is very simple & easy to make at home. It tastes absolutely delicious and makes an irresistable side dish for chapathi, dosa, roti, naan or biryani. It makes a great sunday recipe for whole family. Learn how to make mutton pepper roast in Indian style with this quick video recipe.
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Mutton - 1/2 kg
- Onion - 2
- Tomato - 2
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric pwd - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
- Coriander pwd - 1 tbsp
- Pepper pwd - 1 tsp
- Saunf pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Fresh lemon juice - few drops
- Mint & coriander leaves - handful
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Clean and wash the mutton, drain water thoroughly.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add mutton and stir.
- Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, green chilly, mint leaves, coriander leaves, salt and mix.
- Add 1 cup of water and stir.
- Pressure cook for 4 whistles in high flame and simmer flame for 10 mins.
- Turn off flame.
- You can see the mutton is cooked soft and tender.
- Drain water (mutton broth) from the cooked mutton and keep aside.
- Heat oil in frypan.
- Add sliced onions and saute till transculent.
- Add tomato slices and cook till soft.
- Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd, saunf pwd, cumin pwd, salt and stir.
- Add yoghurt and combine.
- Add mutton broth and allow to boil.
- Cook until the masala thickens.
- Now add the cooked mutton and combine with the thick masala.
- Keep the flame low and roast for 5 mins.
- Sprinkle freshly grounded pepper pwd, garam masala pwd and combine.
- Squeeze few drops of lemon juice.
- Turn off flame.
- Sprinkle freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Lipsmacking delicious mutton pepper roast is ready.
- Serve hot with parotta, naan, biryani, roti, etc.