CARROT HALWA / GAJAR HALWA - EASY VIDEO RECIPE
Looking for a easy & quick to make delicious dessert recipe at home? Here comes the rich Indian dessert carrot halwa recipe that makes a delightful treat for everyone. This popular sweet tastes lipsmacking good with melt-in-mouth creamy & fudgey texture. This is usually prepared during festival seasons like Diwali, Holi, etc. In this recipe, the grated carrot is cooked along with ghee, sugar, milk and nuts. Check out this video recipe to make traditional carrot halwa.
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Grated carrots - 2 cups
- Ghee - 5 tbsp
- Milk - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Cardamom pwd - 1/4 tsp
- Chopped nuts for garnishing
- Clean, wash the carrots.
- Peel the skin and grate carrots to fine shreds.
- Heat ghee in pan.
- Add shredded carrots and saute in low flame.
- Cook covered for 10 mins without sprinkling water.
- Stir well...now you can see the carrots are cooked and reduced in quantity.
- Cover it with lid and cook for another 10 mins in low flame.
- Add 1 cup of milk and stir well.
- Again cook for 20 mins by covering with lid.
- Add cardamom pwd and sugar.
- Stir well.
- Keep stirring in low flame until the halwa starts rolling on the sides of the pan.
- Add 1 tsp of ghee and turn off flame.
- Garnish with finely chopped pistachios, cashewnuts and almonds.
- Lipsmacking delicious carrot halwa is ready.
- Serve warm or chilled.