ALOO TIKKI / EASY VIDEO RECIPE
Here comes the ever popular snack of India, Aloo tikki, which is a healthy & stomach filling appetizer recipe. It will satisfy your spicy cravings for a light tea time snack or a best accompaniment with tomato ketchup & mint chutney. It tastes crispy delicious on the outside and soft chewy inside with spicy tempting flavors. I prepare these tikkis often as it is easy to cook and it makes a real treat to tastebuds for kids. Learn how to make aloo tikki, a favorite of generations of India with this easy video recipe.
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Potato - 3 to 4
- Corn flour - 2 tbsp
- Rice flour - 1 tbsp
- Cumin pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Amchoor pwd or chat masala pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Sliced green chilly - 1 tsp
- Garam masala pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric pwd - 1/4 tsp
- Fresh lemon juice - few drops
- Salt to taste
- Oil to shallow fry
- Coriander leaves sliced
- Wash and boil the potatoes until soft.
- Peel off the skin and mash it completely.
- Add corn flour, rice flour, salt, cumin pwd, red chilly pwd, amchoor pwd, sliced green chilly, coriander leaves, garam masala pwd, turmeric pwd and lemon juice.
- Mix completely.
- Grease hand with oil and knead the dough to smooth ball.
- Take a lemon sized portion and roll to round shape.
- Now pat it to thick patty (disc shape) as shown in the video.
- Roll the patty in bread crumbs and set aside.
- Repeat the same for the remaining dough.
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter or oil in frypan for shallow frying.
- Place the patties gently on the hot oil and fry in low medium flame.
- Once the patties or golden brown and crispy on one side, flip it gently to the other side.
- Fry until both sides of the patties are golden and crispy.
- Remove from pan.
- That's it lipsmacking healthy delicious aloo tikkis are ready.
- It serves best with tomato ketchup, mint chutney or any dip of your choice.