PARUPPU PODI / TOOR DAL POWDER - VIDEO RECIPE
Paruppu podi or toor dal powder is a flavorful and nutrition packed blend of spices. This is a staple food in our home and it comes in handy when we dont want to spend more time in kitchen. It makes a heavenly combo with hot plain rice with a spoon of gingely oil or ghee. Here comes the simple video recipe to make spicy andhra style paruppu podi at your home in healthier way.
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Toor dal - 1 cup
- Fried gram - 1 & 1/4 cup
- Red chilly - 10 to 15 ( as per your spice level)
- Pepper - 1 tsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Hing ( asafetida ) - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in frypan.
- Add red chilly and saute for a minute in low flame.
- Add toor dal, pepper, cumin and saute till the dal turns light brown.
- Add fried gram ( pottukadalai ) and saute.
- Add curry leaves and toss.
- Add salt, hing and stir.
- Turn off flame.
- Allow the ingredients to cool.
- Transfer to blender and grind to smooth powder.
- That's it...andhra style spicy paruppu podi is ready.
It makes a heavenly combo along with hot white rice & spoonful of ghee.