Mutton Liver Fry / Eeral Varuval - Chettinad Style (Video Recipe)
This recipe is a spicy delicious dry preparation - a treat for non-veg lovers. Mutton Liver is a very good source of Vitamin A and kids love this yummy taste. The recipe is very easy. The liver is cooked along with spicy pepper masala in fry pan or kadai. The tricky part is the mutton shouldn't be overcooked, it should be just cooked soft & juicy. It tastes awesome with rasam, sambar rice dishes or with roti.
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Mutton Liver - 1/2 kg
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Saunf pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaf - 2
- Chopped onions - 1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Sliced tomato - 1/2 cup
- Turmeric pwd - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
- Pepper pwd - 1 tsp
- Fresh mint & coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Clean, wash and chop mutton liver to bite sized pieces.
- Heat oil in frypan.
- Add saunf pwd, bay leaf and saute.
- Add finely chopped onions and toss till transculent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw smell disappears.
- Add sliced tomatoes and cook until soft.
- Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd, salt and pepper pwd.
- Stir well.
- Add mutton liver pieces and toss well with masala in high flame.
- Add freshly chopped mint & coriander leaves.
- Add 1 cup of water and cook mutton covered.
- Turn the flame to low and fry the mutton until the masala thickens.
- That's it ...traditional mutton liver pepper fry is ready.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.