Keerai Vadai / Spinach Vada - Video Recipe
Today's recipe is quick & easy to prepare South Indian special healthy tea time snack Keerai Vadai. It tastes irresistably delicious something which is different from the regular vadas. It makes a wonderful evening snack for kids as it tastes crisp with tempting aroma. Also this delicious Indian snack serves as an excellent starter/ appetizer recipe in parties. Check out this easy video recipe and enjoy the popular savory snack.
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Gram dal (kadalai paruppu) - 1 & 1/2 cup
- Keerai (spinach) - 1 cup
- Sliced onions - 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon pwd - 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala pwd - 1/4 tsp
- Saunf (fennel) pwd - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly - 2 to 3
- Garlic pods - 3
- Besan flour - 1 tbsp
- Oil to deep fry
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak gram dal (kadalai paruppu) in water for 2 hours.
- Drain water completely and set aside.
- Clean and wash keerai (spinach) and chop to fine pieces.
- Slice onions to small pieces.
- Add soaked gram dal to blender.
- Add cinnamon pwd, garam masala pwd, saunf, salt, red chilly and garlic.
- Grind to coarse batter without adding water.
- Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Add finely chopped keerai, sliced onions, besan flour and combine.
- Make the batter to small balls.
- Heat oil in frypan.
- Take one ball, pat it flat and drop in hot oil.
- Deep fry on medium flame.
- Flip it once in a while to ensure the vadas are cooked on both sides.
- Once the vadai is crisp and golden, remove in kitchen tissue.
- Irresistably delicious keerai vadai is ready.
- Enjoy this healthy snack along with piping hot cup of evening tea/ coffee.