Ven Pongal Recipe / Khara Pongal - Easy Video Recipe
Ven PongalVen pongal or Khara pongal is a healthy delicious breakfast recipe of South India. The perfect texture of this recipe lies in the addition of ghee and mild flavored pepper and cumin. This can be prepared easily at home and give a healthy twist to your regular breakfast recipes. Try this soft & flavorful Ven pongal recipe at your home and enjoy..!
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Raw rice - 1 cup
- Moong dal - 1/2 cup
- Ghee - 3 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Green chilly - 1
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Hing / asafetida - a generous pinch
- Curry leaves - a few
- Coriander leaves chopped - 1 tbsp
- Cashew - 8
- Grated ginger - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak raw rice & moong dal in water for 10 mins.
- Drain water and add the contents in pressure cooker.
- Add 4 & 1/2 cups of water.
- Add salt and ghee.
- Mix well.
- Pressure cook for 5 whistles or until soft.
- Once the pressure goes off, open the lid and mash well.
- In a small pan, heat ghee and oil.
- Add green chilly, grated ginger, curry leaves, cumin, pepper, hing and cashew.
- Roast till golden.
- Turn off flame.
- Add it to pongal and mix completely.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Lipsmacking flavorful ven pongal is ready.
- Enjoy hot with chutney & sambar.