Adhirasam Recipe - Diwali Recipes / Video Recipe
Adhirasam Sweet Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
- Raw rice - 2 cups
- Jaggery powdered - 1 & 1/2 cups
- Water to make sugar syrup - 1 cup
- Elaichi pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Sukku / dry ginger pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Oil to deep fry
To prepare rice flour:
- Wash and soak raw rice for 2 hours.
- Drain water completely.
- Spread the rice in a white cotton cloth and allow to dry.
- Let it dry for 15 mins.
- Once the rice is half dried, transfer to blender and grind to smooth pwd.
- Seive the rice flour to remove any lumps.
- Now the rice flour to prepare Adhirasam is ready.
- Set it aside.
To make jaggery syrup:
- Break the jaggery to coarse pwd.
- Take it in a bowl and add 1/2 cup of water.
- Turn on heat and stir to dissolve the jaggery in water.
- Once it is dissolved, strain to remove impurities.
- Again boil the jaggery water with stirring.
- Add coarsely powdered cardamom pwd and sukku (dry ginger) pwd.
- Continue stirring the jaggery water until it reaches thick (kambi paagu) consistency.
- This can be checked by adding few drops of jaggery paste in water, if the lump doesnt dissolve (as shown in video) then, the jaggery syrup reached the right consistency.
- Turn off the flame and remove the bowl.
- Now the jaggery syrup to prepare adhirasam is also ready.
To make Adhirasam:
- Immediately, while the jaggery syrup is still hot, add the freshly prepared rice flour.
- Stir continously with the addition of rice flour.
- Once the dough reaches thick consistency, stop adding rice flour.
- Now the dough required to make adhirasam is ready.
- Heat oil in a frypan.
- Take a small ball out of the dough.
- Grease the banana leaf or plastic sheet with oil.
- Grease your hands also with oil and place the ball in the greased leaf.
- Pat it flat.
- Drop it carefully in hot oil.
- Turn the flame to low and deep fry until it is golden brown on both sides.
- Drain from oil.
- Place it in the mould and press gently to remove the excess oil.
- That's it lipsmacking authentic delicious Adhirasam is ready.
- Repeat the same procedure for the remaining dough.
- Enjoy warm.
- It can be stored in air tight container for a week.