Tawa Fish Fry Recipe / Spicy Fish Fry / Grilled Fish FryTawa Fish Fry: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
- Masala Fish Fry
- Chettinad Meen Varuval
- Pomfret Fish Fry
- Butter Fish / Vavval Meen Varuval
- Anchovies / Nethili Curry
· Fish ( Ayla, Mackerel , Seer Fish, pomfret or any fish ) - 4
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 ½ tsp
· Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
· Lemon juice - 2 tsp
· Thick tamarind paste - 1 tbsp
· Pepper pwd - ½ tsp
· Sooji - ½ tsp
· Saunf pwd - ½ tsp
· Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
· Salt to taste
· Oil to fryMethod:
1. Wash and clean the fish thoroughly.
2. Drain out water completely.
3. Set it aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, cumin pwd, coriander pwd, salt, lemon juice, tamarind paste, pepper pwd, sooji, saunf and ginger garlic paste.
5. Sprinkle very little water and mix it to smooth paste.
6. Apply this paste evenly on both the sides of the fish pieces.
7. Cover and let it marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
8. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a non-stick frying pan.
9. Add the marinated fish pieces.
10. Shallow fry in medium flame.
11. Once the fish turns crispy and golden brown, flip it to other side carefully.
12. Drizzle oil to the sides.
13. ( Also you can add 200 ml of oil in frying pan and deep fry the fish to crisp and golden)
14. Drain on kitchen tissue to remove excess oil.
15. Lipsmacking delicious tawa fish fry is ready.
16. Drizzle some freshly squeezed lemon juice.
17. Serve hot with sliced onion, tomato and cucumber slices.