MASALA VADA - Easy Video Recipe
Crispy crunchy masala vada along with piping hot cup of coffee or chai makes a heavenly combo that you simply go crazy. This popular south Indian snack is made with gram dal or kadalai paruppu in Tamil. It tastes mildly spicy, with crispy outside and soft inside. The cinnamon pwd added gives the special extra kick to the aroma. Try this easy video recipe, you'll love it..!😋
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Gram dal / Kadalai paruppu - 1 cup
- Sliced onions - 1/4 cup
- Red chilly - 2
- Garlic pods - 3 to 4
- Saunf pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Rice flour - 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon pwd - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - a few
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Wash and soak gram dal (kadalai paruppu) for 1 hour.
- Drain water and set it aside.
- Slice onions and keep ready.
- Add soaked gram dal to blender.
- Add red chilly, garlic, salt and saunf.
- Grind to coarse paste without adding water.
- Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Add finely sliced curry leaves and onions.
- Add cinnamon pwd and rice flour.
- Mix well.
- Take small ball out of the batter and pat it flat as shown in video.
- Heat oil in fry pan.
- Drop vadas one by one carefully.
- Take care not to overcrowd the oil.
- Deep fry until the vadas are golden brown and crisp.
- Drain in kitchen tissue.
- Utterly irresistable crunchy delicious masala vada is ready.
- Enjoy the vadas with hot cup of chai or coffee.