COCONUT CHUTNEY / THENGAI CHUTNEY - Easy Video Recipe
Here comes the hotel style traditional Coconut Chutney recipe that makes a irresistable combo with idly, dosa, pongal, vada, upma, kichdi, etc. This is one of the easiest chutney recipe that can be prepared in a jiffy. With this easy video recipe, even beginners / new to cooking also can make this perfect blend of South Indian delicacy. Enjoy..
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Coconut pieces - 1 cup
- Fried gram - 1/2 cup
- Green chilly - 2 to 3
- Grated ginger - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin - 1/4 tsp
- Split urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - a few
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Grate coconut to small pieces.
- In a blender add coconut, green chilly, fried gram, ginger and salt.
- Grind to coarse mixture.
- Add little water and grind to smooth mixture.
- Transfer to bowl.
- In a small fry pan, heat 2 tsp of oil.
- Add mustard, cumin, split urad dal, curry leaves and hing.
- Wait to splutter.
- Turn off flame.
- Add to chutney and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Lipsmacking traditional coconut chutney is ready.
- Enjoy with sooper hot idly, dosa, pongal, kichdi etc.