BADAM HALWA / ALMOND HALWA - Easy Video Recipe
Here goes the quick & sinfully delicious sweet made with almonds. It is an easy dessert that can be prepared at home on any special moments. This rich badam halwa is made with pureed almonds, ghee, sugar, elaichi and milk. The attractive colour, tempting cardamom aroma and creamy delicious texture gives a heavenly taste and simply irresistable. Lets see how to prepare badam halwa with this easy video recipe.
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Almonds / Badam - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1/4 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1 & 1/2 cup
- Cardamom pwd - 1/4 tsp
- Saffron strands - a few
- Soak badam in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Peel the skin and keep ready.
- Add soaked and peeled badam to blender.
- Grind to coarse mixture.
- Add milk and grind to smooth paste.
- Soak saffron strands in 2 tbsp of milk.
- Heat ghee in non stick frypan.
- Add badam paste and 1/2 cup of water.
- Mix well and cook in medium flame.
- Continue stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Now add sugar, cardamom pwd and saffron along with milk.
- Mix and cook in medium flame.
- Stir continously so that the sugar dissolves and starts thickening.
- continue stirring until the halwa starts rolling on the sides of the pan.
- Once the halwa reaches the rolling consistency, add remaining ghee and stir.
- Turn off flame.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and saffron strands.
- Rich, creamy, delicious homemade badam halwa is ready.
- Enjoy warm or chilled.