Aloo Paratha - Easy Video Recipe
Aloo ParathaCraving for a restaurant style delicious Aloo Paratha recipe to make at home? Here goes the filling & tasty recipe from Punjab cuisine. This rustic & wholesome paratha is one of the most popular dish and we like to have it any time of the day. My kids love to have it for their lunchbox frequently. Our favorite combo with aloo paratha is yoghurt & pickle. This recipe comes handy even if you have left over potato masala. Here's the must try video recipe..Enjoy..!😊
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Wheat flour - 2 cups
- Aloo (potato) boiled - 2
- Oil or butter - 2 tbsp
- Sliced onions - 2 tbsp
- Grated ginger - 1 tsp
- Sliced green chilly - 1 tsp
- Chopped mint & coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric pwd - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Amchur pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Fresh lemon juice - few drops
- Salt to taste
- Boil and peel the potatoes and keep ready.
- In a mixing bowl, add 1 cup of warm water.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Add wheat flour little by little and knead.
- Add oil and knead to smooth soft dough.
- Cover it with a damp cloth and let it rest for 5 mins.
- In another bowl, mash the potatoes.
- Add sliced onions, green chilly, grated ginger, mint & coriander leaves and combine.
- Add salt, turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd, cumin pwd, amchur pwd.
- Add few drops of lemon juice and combine.
- Make it to small balls and set aside.
- Now aloo stuffing is ready.
- Make small equal sized balls out of the atta dough.
- Take one ball, dust it with flour and pat it flat to thick disc.
- Smear some oil and stuff aloo mixture inside ( as shown in the video) and seal the edges.
- Roll it to smooth round ball.
- Dust with atta flour and roll it gently to thick round disc.
- Drizzle oil to hot pan and place the aloo paratha on it.
- Cook it on both sides by drizzling oil or butter.
- Once the paratha is golden brown in colour, remove from flame.
- Repeat the same for the rest of the dough.
- Lipsmacking healthy delicious Aloo Paratha is ready.
- Serve hot with dallop of butter and raitha.